Past week


This past week has been a very busy one for me. 

That’s why I haven’t posted anything. 

I’ve been going up to my sister’s house and she has a huge garden and it has been taken over by poppies, red, poppies, pink, poppies, white poppies 

, and it’s just taking over her whole garden and so for this whole past week.

 I’ve been driving up there every day and removing them as much as I can. It’s been a really fun very peaceful  and full of allergies Sneezing all the time

It’s been really fun to hang out with her again and seeing their family and the way things are changing in her life.


I took a break from going up there today and stayed around UtahValley

This morning I went to the pool for two hours, and I was able to teach somebody water aerobics for an hour and a half


That was a lot of fun 

afterwards I called up a friend

And he took me bowling and he paid for it. He said this is your birthday present.

That was very kind of him

I think our highest scoring game was 160 between both of us. We didn’t do very good, but we had a lot of fun.

While we were bowling, I mentioned to him about my change in my life

I have known this man for 40 years and he has seen everything that I’ve done where I’ve been and where I’m at now

We were talking about changes in life and the way we do things

And I was telling him how I was overcoming certain aspects of my life

And he said man I wish I could have more self-confidence

And I told him what worked for me.

I really hope he tries what I suggested.

I am so grateful for the friendship that we have, and that we have always had…


Right after Bowling

my sister called me up and asked if I could help her out with some fallen branches from a major wind storm. We had last night.

And so I was able to drive over and help her out 

they had just left for lunch and I looked over and a Big phone cable line had fallen off the telephone pole was was blocking traffic

And so I called 911 and told them that a wire was hanging in the middle of the road

There were a couple signs on the side of the road and I went and put them up so they were pushing the cable out of the way so cars could still get by

It was cool that I was able to take care of a bad situation and make it so people could still get by without ruining the cable

A Fire truck showed up and they zip tied the The fiber optic cable line back up so people can drive underneath it

And then today I came home and I’ve been talking with my mom for about two hours out on our deck

We talked about patriarchal blessings, and what they include, and how much they know you and about what you can become. 

It was really fascinating.

I got a lot of good insight from my mom and we talked about many other things

 exciting things to come.


As I was driving down the road, I saw one of the funniest ways to clean a car, a young boy was doing it…


He had a paint roller with soap all over it, and he was paint rolling  the car to wash it

I only saw it for the briefest of moments, but I laughed when I saw it

I ended driving down State Street and I saw a man with a bicycle holding up a sign

I turned down the next road and went back over to him

And I just parked there for a bit watching him, about 20 feet away

 I was answering a phone call at the same time

And then I looked down in my consul, and I grabbed all of my granola bars. They were probably 15 of them.

And I opened up the back of my vehicle, and I grabbed three bottles of water

And then I walked over to him, and I said this is all I have that I can give you at the moment

And he gladly took them 

and he said oh water I can use water right now, and he quickly drank them and poured it over his head

I then asked him is there anything else that I can do for you 

that you need at the moment?

And while holding the granola bars, and the water he said, I am so hungry

I noticed right then that across the street there was a Arby’s restaurant

So I pointed to it and I said, what do you want?

He answered, I would love a beef and cheddar

And that’s all he said

I said I will go get you one

As I was leaving, I said, what kind of drink do you want?

He said Dr Pepper


And so I left drove across the street and I ordered two beef and cheddars

And I ordered him a large Dr Pepper

And got a small vanilla shake for me

I then went over there and handed the food to him 

and I asked him would it be OK if I had your first name?

So I can pray for you

He said God bless you

And he told me his name

So now I’m going to pray for my dear brother every time I see my whiteboard where I wrote down his name and his situation 

He was truly humbled by his situation

Because he only asked for one thing

I knew that he was truly in need of what he asked for

He didn’t ask for money

All he asked, was for nourishment

I am so grateful that I stopped by

I didn’t judge that he had a bike

I just felt inspired to stop and help him out

I am so grateful for the amazing things that I get to do daily

Whether that’s helping someone in need 

Listening to somebody

Helping somebody exercise

Or just give advice

It is so fun to go out and help people.


I got home and I started writing this

And then my sister just invited me over to have s’mores

And to play a game called “cob” in the backyard

If I remember right, each side has six blocks of wood, standing end to end in the grass 

There is one center block that you do not want to hit until the very end. And then you have three round pieces of wood for each team mate. This is a four player game by the way.

Then you take turns trying to take out the other teams six blocks where they are standing.

If you take one of them out, they throw it past the center block

And then you stand it up

And then the other team tried to knock that one over that just got thrown before they can hit the other six in the background

It has a lot more rules, but it was fun 

And then afterward, we were out front talking

And my sister got a phone call, saying that someone in their family vehicle broke down

Then I took my sister over to get her vehicle, which was parked three cities away

So that she could borrow her vehicle to them until they got their car fixed

It Was really fun tonight to be able to be at their house 

so I can drive them to their car in the next city

so they can leave their car with a family member that’s going to need it throughout the week

I just barely got home again and wrote all this down


I am grateful for this past week and all that I have had and been able to do


and I look forward to see what tomorrow brings for my birthday
















::David::

6-19-24
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday 7-15-24

David my Hero

Friday part 2 and Saturday 7-12 and 7-13-24