Quote - living what we pray for

 I knelt to pray when day was done, 

And prayed ,Oh Lord, bless everyone.

Lift from each saddened heart the pain

and let the sick be well again

And then I woke another day

And carelessly when on my way

The whole day long I did not try

To wipe a tear from any eye

I did not try to share the load

Of any brother on the road

I did not even go to see

The sick man just next-door to me

Yet once again when the day was done

I prayed oh Lord bless everyone

But as I prayed into my ear

There came a voice that whispered clear

Pause Now, my son, before you pray

Whom have you tried to bless today?

God’s sweetest blessings always go

By hands that serve him here below 

And then I hid my face and cried

Forgive me, God, I have not tried

Let me live another day

I will live the way i pray.


Written by

Anonymous 








.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday 7-15-24

David my Hero

Friday part 2 and Saturday 7-12 and 7-13-24